Our Life Member, Les tapping passed away peacefully on Monday morning
(20th May 2019) at RAH where he had been for a few days arising
from a deterioration in his health in recent time.
The funeral will be delayed for a few weeks to allow a family member to
arrive from the UK. It will be held at Harrisons Funerals, 173 Port Road,
Queenstown, at 2.00pm on Friday 7th June. Mary says it will be
announced in the Advertiser this coming Saturday,.
We have offered to Mary that CCSA
will standby to assist in whatever way and whenever she might require our
help in assisting to clear out Les’s garage, with regard to any Citroen related
Les had been living at the Churchill Retreat at Kilburn. Mary commented
today that he was very popular during his short stay there, and the staff
were always amazed at the number of visitors dropping in to see Les — how
good is that?
How fortunate it was that I was able to publish his story in the may
edition of Le’Auto.
Remembered by all his fellow car and motor bike enthusiast
If you are intending to come along on the Mystery Run, it starts at 164 Richmond Road Richmond at 9.45 am. Meet in the Car Park.
We will continue around the Northern Suburbs with lunch around 12.30 to 12.45 pm.
For Catering purposes could you please reply to Matt at email@example.com
For further info especially on Sunday Morning if you are running a little bit late please contact Matt on 0499 450 829
News form Greg Moorhouse our Historic Vehicle Representative
As I am going to be away for our June Club and Committee meetings please send email and post on Web site the following message.
NB ALL MEMBERS WITH HISTORIC VEHICLES
Our 2 main Historic Vehicle people Greg and John Beswick are going to be absent from our June Meeting so to ensure your Log Books are stamped and signed off before the end of June, and hence your car is registered, if you intend to drive after the 30th June you have a couple of options:
You also need to be a financial member of CCSA for the log book to be stamped and your car to be “registered”,
1. Come on Matts Mystery Tour on the 26th May and bring your Log Book/s with you and I’ll Stamp and sign on the day… preferred option.
2. Bring your Log Book/s to me at 28 Angas Rd before the 31st May (call to make a time 0499600841) I will generally be available after 12.30 pm weekdays but call first.
3. Bring your book/s to me at home after the 19th June again after 12.30 pm weekdays best, again call first.
4. Wait till our July Club Meeting and I can sign and stamp then, but you will be unregistered from 30th June until the 10th July.
5. Post your Log book/s to me with a self addressed and stamped envelope for return of your book/s and I will stamp and sign as long as Club membership has been paid. NB I will be away 1st to 18th June so books would not be returned during these dates plus
you will be unable to drive your car whilst the book/s are in the mail.
I apologise for any in convenience in advance but trust this info allows you to make arrangements so you can continue to drive your historic vehicle uninterrupted , otherwise you will need to wait until July meeting to drive, once the 30th June arrives..